Chapter Sixteen



Alexandra was in her room, alone. At issue was how on earth was she going to comply with her mother's order to marry within two simweeks or lose her inheritance?
As a little girl, she'd sworn to herself that she'd never marry. But she did fall head-over-feet for fellow cadet Andrew Cheesman Jr.. She'd acted like a giddy, giggly schoolgirl around him. What was it about AJ that attracted her? His smile? His laughter? His looks? His easy demeanor? Or, all of these? Perhaps it was none of them? Perhaps it was simply a mere curiosity on her part. Whatever it was, the intensity of the feelings had taken her by surprise. After all, she'd never dated at Smuggsworth, never even come close. What was wrong with her?
Deep down, though, Alexandra knew that she could never have him. He was a commoner, a wealthy commoner, but a commoner nonetheless. Her stuffy mother would never approve of the union, even though she'd signed on to her brother Sebastian's marriage to Ella Carlisle, who despite her easy grace and charm was not of noble blood. And what, then, of his relatives? Being married to a princess, a member of the royal family, would create unnecessary complications for him as well.


And so, it was the next day at work, when Alexandra in her mind began formulating a plan. And it would involve her oldest and dearest friend, Patches.


Patches had been with her since she was a tot, and had gone to all her horse shows, soccer matches, and basketball games. Over the years it had been her closest confidant and had been instrumental in helping her get through her father's death. "I've got a little job for you, Patches."
Patches leaned over with interest. "Please, do tell! I love intrigue!"
"Well, my mother wants my sister and me to get married or lose our inheritance money from our dad. So... remember that guy I met at flight school and he was at the funeral?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, I kind of want you to be him. Sort of. Except be yourself."
"What are you talking about?"
"If I can figure out a way to make you real -- you know, a real Sim -- then I can marry you and I'd be complying with my mom's ultimatum."
"Marry me?" Patches asked.
"Why not?"

2 comments:

  1. I caught up! =) Ooh, if Patches can help that would be really nice. What a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LKS! Glad to 'see' you here. I just got back on here. Glad you're caught up... but I've got MUCH MUCH MUCH more to put up, I just haven't had a chance ;)

      Delete