Chapter Forty-Eight



Anastasia and Lucian had been avoiding each other since their squabble over school two days earlier. 



"Annie," Lucian said, pulling her over. "We need to talk."



"You really want to talk, Lucian?" Anastasia teased. "There's nothing to talk about."
"Yes, there is, Annie. You didn't even tell me you were going to school."
"Lucian, I thought there was an understanding. I created you, remember? You do what I say."
"Annie, going so far away to go to school. You didn't even tell me."
"Well, you know now."
"Annie -- Annie, we can solve this right now. Let me go with you. Think about it. You're going to be in a strange place with stranger people. You don't know the language or the customs."
"And you do, Lucian?"
"Annie, you can't possibly go there by yourself. Do you realize who you are? The press corps is everywhere. They're watching your every move. I don't think you've thought this through."

No comments:

Post a Comment