Chapter Forty-Three



Heavy snow fell once again at the Prince's estate in the mountains.  It was also the first day of the Hidden Springs Heritage Festival, a month-long party that Anastasia had planned meticulously. 


"So, you finally told mom?" Alexandra began while gathering the snow around her to help Anastasia with her snowman.
"Yep. And she wasn't happy about it."
"Figures. When is she ever happy about something we decide to do?"
Anastasia sighed quietly. "I wish she'd be proud of us for a change."


"Is there an astronaut program at the school where you're going?" Alexandra asked while patting snow on the snowman's base.



"Well the university does have a physical fitness program that connects with it, I think."
"Really?" Alexandra looked up, intrigued.
"Yeah, I'd have to go look at the brochure again.  I've enrolled in its architecture academy. It's the finest of its kind in Simland. Mom doesn't understand, I want to be an architect. I've wanted to since I was small."
"She doesn't get my wanting to be an astronaut either," Alexandra glumly reminded her.
"Well," Anastasia resolved, "she's got to figure it out sooner or later."


The Hidden Springs Heritage Festival had opened despite heavy snow in the forecast.



Alexandra, supreme athlete that she was, was surprisingly uncoordinated on the ice...



...but later found a sport much more suited to her -- snowboarding!



Meanwhile, festival chair Anastasia was a favorite subject of the paparazzi photographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment