Chapter Forty-Nine



"Girls," began their mother, Queen Catarina, "I just got off the phone with Lindy Gifford of Simstyle Magazine. She wants to do a sit-down interview with the three of us -- me and the two of you -- for their next issue."
"Have you discussed this with our agent?" Anastasia asked.
"I spoke to your agent this morning, Anastasia," sighed the queen. "I hate having to go through all these channels just to do things with the two of you. I suppose that's what happens, Anastasia, when you rashly hire your own staff."
"We hired our staff because we're independent entities."
"Whatever, Anastasia. Simstyle is bringing their own photographers and they want to do an 18th century photo shoot with you and your, ahem, boyfriends."



"18th century?" asked Alexandra, rolling her eyes. "What do you mean?"
Replied Queen Catarina, "They want to do a photo shoot for the magazine with the two of you and your boyfriends in Palace of Versailles-era costumes. I thought it was a splendid idea."
"You would, mother," mumbled Anastasia.
"I have never in my life seen princesses like the two of you. You two little brats have to learn responsibility. The photo shoot is only for a couple of hours, it's not the end of the world."



Simstyle Magazine arrived the next day, complete with its staff and glittering 18th century costumes and wigs for the girls and their IF partners. In no time at all they'd transformed the formal living room into an 18th century sitting area.
"Alex," Patrick mused, taking in a long look at Alexandra, "is this my first time ever seeing you in a dress?"
"I've worn dresses before," Alexandra laughed, "remember for the wedding, and for dad's funeral?"
"Yeah, I guess you're right."
"I've worn dresses before. I just don't like them."
"I know you don't like them, it's just strange, you know, seeing you dressed up and in makeup like this."



"Whose idea was this ridiculous photo shoot?" Alexandra asked, fanning herself with her hand. "Patrick, get me a coat hanger, my back's itching up a storm and I can't reach it with this damned stupid costume. The whalebones are digging into my ribs!!"
The former IF, who had been with his creator her entire life, did as he was told. 



Meanwhile, Anastasia was helping Lucian button his collar. "How do they manage to wear these?" he asked. "My neck's sweating and itchy."
"That's perspiring my dear, NOT sweating," corrected Anastasia, then she stopped herself.... "Oh my gosh, I'm sounding like my mother!"



Queen Catarina was noticeably choked up watching her daughters' photo shoot, unable to hold back tears as she watched the cameraperson take pictures of her daughters wearing 18th century period clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment