Chapter Fifty-Eight




The clouds were beginning to break and icebergs floated on Hidden Lake as a hot air balloon floated overhead.

Most of Anastasia's things had already been sent to the school in advance, all that was left in her nearly empty bedroom were a few loose suitcases.



She debated over whether she should take her porcelain dolls, custom-made in Switzerland to look like her and Alexandra, with her to college.



Prince Renauld, however, couldn't stop meddling. "Have you talked to Ana yet?" he asked.
"No, not yet."
"I could see this college thing has driven a wedge between you. You have to prove to her that she can trust you."



"Annie."
Anastasia picked at her oatmeal porridge.
"Our room is almost empty. You're halfway out the door."
"I leave next week."
"I can't believe it. Aren't you going to at least say a proper goodbye?"



"I've thought about it, Lucian, and, I'd like to say, I'm sorry." Anastasia heaved a deep sigh. "You can come with me."
"Really?" asked Lucian between bites. "What prompted this change of heart?"
Letting out another sigh, Anastasia nodded. "My dad and I had a heart-to-heart."
"He's a great guy," Lucian agreed, "even in ghost form. He must have been amazing when he was fully alive."
Anastasia agreed. "Yeah, he was."

No comments:

Post a Comment