Chapter One Hundred Nineteen



Queen Catarina summoned Princess Alexandra to the palace. And she was not happy.
"Alexandra Maria-Louisa," began the monarch with a stiff upper lip, "when were you going to tell me about your wedding?"
"I'm sorry, mother, I forgot," Alexandra replied, "I've been so busy."
"How could you forget to tell your own mother that little detail? I had to find out like everybody else -- from a damn tabloid!  And I've never even met your husband. I need to see if he's prince material."
"I don't care if you think he's prince material or not. He's my prince."
"Judging by your recent conduct, Alexandra, I beg to differ." Queen Catarina pulled out a copy of the tabloid with Tiffany Rich's pictures in them. "This young woman says the two of you had a year-long relationship. And there you are, locked in an unnatural embrace."
"We did have something going," Alexandra admitted, "but it was not for the year she said."
"So it was a fling, then? That makes it even worse."
"For your information, mother, Ms. Rich and I have not had any contact since I graduated."
Eyeing her daughter quizzically, Queen Catarina then asked, "How many girls are there, Alexandra? How many girls have you been with?"



The Queen then addressed her husband and the girls' father, Prince Renauld.
"Have you seen this?" she asked, showing him the tabloid photos of Alexandra and Tiffany.
Renauld shrugged. "No. And why does it matter?"
"Renauld, your daughter is sleeping with girls. Not boys, not men. Girls."
"So?"
"It's unnatural, that's what it is. I told that girl she had to get married --"
"But you never specified which gender. If she's happy with another woman --"
Queen Catarina was stunned. "You knew about this, Renauld?"
"I've known since she was twelve years old."
Taking a deep breath, Queen Catarina exclaimed, "I -- I don't believe this!"
"She told me herself, out of her own mouth. If you had made yourself available and actually listened to her and Anastasia and even Francisca, then maybe --"
"Do not bring up Francisca here!" It was clear that Princess Francisca's disappearance was still a sore spot with the Queen.
"It's true, Cat. And you know it yourself. When Alex told me, I made clear that I was going to love her and accept her no matter what. Forcing the girls to marry was a colossal mistake, one you are paying dearly for and one the girls and their mates will pay for in the future."
Queen Catarina changed tactics.  "How much do you know, Renauld?"

No comments:

Post a Comment