Chapter Seventy



Alexandra and her professor, Wade Anthony, walked into B's Bowlarama together.



"Alexandra, I asked you to meet me here, in kind of an informal setting, because I wanted to discuss a few things with you."
Listening intently, Alexandra leaned forward.
"You know, I've been very intrigued by our discussions in class. At first I thought your enrollment at SIT was a publicity stunt for your TV show, but it appears that you have a real interest in the subject matter. I think you'll go far in our field."



Alexandra was surprised by her professor's compliment.
"When I was a little girl, I told my dad that I was going to be an astronaut. The day after his funeral, he appeared to me as a ghost, and I told him again. He said I could do whatever I wanted, and I believe him. I still talk to him almost every day, even though he's a ghost."
"Well, you certainly appear to be well on your way. I also appreciate what you're doing for Sasha. Her grades have improved since you started tutoring her."
"Well, I'm glad I could help."



Alexandra challenged her prof to a round of bowling.
She picked up the ball, threw it down, and allowed it to roll knocking all the pins down.
"How'd you do that?" asked Professor Anthony, amazed.
"Simple, there's a sweet spot on the floor where you land the ball, and you can hit strikes if you hit that sweet spot, every single time."
The professor decided to change the subject. "Have you thought about what you're going to do your thesis on?"
"Well, back at home," Alexandra revealed, "I was working on an experiment --"
Now the professor was intrigued. "Experiment?"
"I was trying to see if ghosts could be completely resurrected."
"Wow." The professor was in disbelief as he took his turn to bowl. "Do you realize your experiment would have enormous implications?"
Alexandra sighed. "I just want my dad back."

A while later...
"You beat me?" Professor Anthony chuckled, "really? Now I'm going to have to deduct from your grade -- just kidding."

While Alexandra was bowling with her professor, Anastasia spent her evening at The Grotto, a campus hangout for artsy types.



It was open mic night there and Anastasia was prodded up to the podium.



But by the time she got there, she'd forgotten what she wanted to say.



Afterward, she decided to call Lucian. "Hey, babe, what's up? Oh, you went shopping, really? That's great, I wish I could have come with you. Look, there's something I have to tell you. I went to this party the other night, and I blacked out, and Alex says I kissed a guy there but I don't remember it. I'm not sure if I dreamed about it or not -- look, I'm going to call you when I get home, ok, love you, bye!"



Soon after she hung up with Lucian, she got a text from Samantha Grey inviting her to yet another party.



She met Alexandra outside of the Grotto and the two of them went into Simburger to get a bite to eat. "How was the professor?" Anastasia asked.
"It was okay, I beat him."
Anastasia managed a laugh. "I figured you would."
"I bowled a 325. He couldn't touch me."



"Say, did you tell Lucian yet?"
Anastasia looked at her sister quizzically. "What? Tell Lucian what?"
"Tell him what happened at the party."
"That I was blacked out and I don't remember what happened?"
"You have to tell him the truth. Be completely honest. That's the only way. He deserves to know the truth, Ana. And so do you."



The lights grew brighter as they approached Simburger. It was a packed house as hungry students lined up for their sandwiches and fries, fuel to feed their studying and their partying.
"I need to know one thing, Ana."
"What's that?"
"Do you love him?"



After a sleepless night, Anastasia awoke the next morning and baked a breakfast calzone in the oven. It was an Italian dish she'd learned in Monte Vista.
"You haven't answered my question," Alexandra said between bites. "Do you love Lucian?"
"Of course I love him," Anastasia replied, "why wouldn't I? He's been with me my whole life."
"Yes, I get that, and Patrick the same way, but are you in love with him? There is a difference. I mean, you kissed that guy at the party like it was no big deal."
"I don't remember it. I mean, I don't remember anything that happened at that party, hardly. What about you, though, Alex? People are still talking about you and Sasha."
"Sasha and I are just friends, that's it. I'm tutoring her in class. And besides, she's got a boyfriend and so do I. This whole thing is ridiculous. It makes no sense."
"Alex," laughed Anastasia between bites, her jade-green eyes twinkling, "you're the one who's not making any sense.  You're in denial.  Just get it over with, everybody knows it.  Everyone at that party saw how you were looking at Sasha.  You want her in the worst way."
"Ana, you're the one who's in denial.  You kissed that guy and won't even admit you did."

12 comments:

  1. I'm trying not to comment on very single chapter you bring out, because I don't want to annoy you.....but I think I already did ;D
    Quick question, where did you get Alexandra's hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, no, it's not annoying :) Like I said before, commentary helps keep me motivated to keep doing this :) Like I'm not talking to myself, ya know? Lol Anyway, I actually forgot what site I got Alex's hair from, I know it's Newsea's Sweet Scar and you can search for it at mysims3blog on BlogSpot. :)

      I realize they're coming out pretty quickly, but next two chapters are out :)

      Delete
    2. Then I'll drop comment here and there :)
      I'm glad I'm not being annoying, because I'm usually pretty annoying when I get hooked on a fanfiction. I understand completely, I'm a little afraid to upload my story since I feel like not many people would care, and I'm still having trouble coming up with a name. I want to continue writing even after Sebastian's children grow into adults. I have many ideas, you wanna brain storm with me?

      Delete
    3. Actually, Sebastian is married to Ella (Carlisle) and has kids in my game as well :) I have a story about them as well, that I have yet to print. They've been mentioned here but since they're in a separate household, I don't get to see them as much.

      I did start watching that Left Behind thing you recommended, haven't finished but there's a lot of detail. For a video game, even though it's not my usual genre it's well made and better than some Hollywood movies. I don't own a PS3 and likely will never actually play it. From what I can tell it's focused on the friendship between two teenage girls, before everything in their world changed.

      I realize my chapters are coming out fairly quickly now, and that's because this is actually an archive. I wrote the majority of this in 2013. When I got sick I couldn't actually put this up. The last chapter I have written is Chapter 120 and it's still in the queue so there's a LONG way to go. :p

      How do we go about brainstorming here? Certainly on the blog is pretty awkward. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yeah I saw little Emmanuel and his little sister. :) He is sooooo adorable!
    I can't say who Sebastian marries in my story but what I can say is that he had a lot of children xD......A LOT. Something happens to Sebastian that hurts him really deeply, he starts drinking, and trying hard to not feel the pain he has. He tries to mask it by partying his blues away, he gains a long branch of mistresses, girlfriends and romances....(A lot more that I can't say, because SPOILERS)
    Another thing I can say is that his first pair of children is with his wife, (Not named) he receives twins, born first Prince Wilbert (Nicknamed Willy by his little sister, she'll use this to annoy him in the future) and Princess Charlene, born 2 sim minutes after.

    I just watch the commentary on YouTube :) I REALLY hope you watched ''The Last of Us'' first, NOT the squeal! Because the squeal is sooo boring compared to the first one. Sorry :p I get pumped over this game. It sounds like your explaining the squeal. Here's a link to the first one please, for the love of entertainment watch it :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HawhjjF5qFc&list=PLs1-UdHIwbo5MzTZwWfhL49b2hzvb-50E&index=1

    Whoa girl, 120? and I thought I had a lot written xD
    I started this around November 2013, just never thought of making it into a story :p


    Yup, your right brain storming here would suck ...never mind..
    I'm currently playing my game & I added Renauld's children (made by me)... and boy they are annoying! In my plot he was married to Alonza Mariano until her dead and then married to Catarina. Geez I should have seen this coming considering I named them Pietro, Sergio, Bruno, Aldo, Pietra, Claudina and Alda....and gave them really bad traits! Along with his equally annoying niece Regina.
    Why they're at the Vanderburg Palace? Find out later...

    (I was just kidding, theirs nothing wrong with those names! Just in case you know someone with those names I mentioned)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said in my story that Prince Renauld was a diplomat from Monte Vista ;) so the kids having Italian names is not surprising.

      As for Prince Sebastian, in my story he is a former playboy, but Queen Catarina forced him to marry (I have a prequel story to this called "The Marriage Pact," that's linked on the top of this blog). Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eleanor are born to him and his wife, the former Ella Carlisle. The little Prince is so cute. He has more of his mom's features with, ironically, Queen Catarina's hair and eye color.

      Next two chapters are out, third coming later today.

      Delete
    2. My Renauld isn't Italian.... he was a Mexican business tycoon (inspired by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim)

      His first wife Alonza Mariano was born in game and the child of pre-made Monte Vista Sim Jalissa Rivers and my Sim, Lorenzo Mariano.. I hadn't played them in a while and felt pretty bad about deleting them, so I aged up Alonza and made her Renauld's first wife. (Before deleting the world, but I saved the family in my library) Lorenzo's as you can tell by the name was Italian, because when I first got Monte Vista I wanted a Sim that could have a reason to be there, you know.
      ...And playing a rich play boy from Italy was kinda fun, considering I usually only made females. I made Alonza a tough Italian women, strong as her father. Originally Alonza wore the pants in the family, (Renauld step a side, Alonza coming trough!) So she named the children, only Claudina and Bruno took the Mexican names Renauld suggested. In my plot he doesn't like the title ''Prince'' so he is referred as the Duke of Hirsch. Renauld's children are pretty upset because of his marriage with Catarina, they have been...for a long time.

      I keep thinking you think I copied you because the your Renauld is Italian and my Mexican Renauld children names are Italian kinda makes me uncomfortable.
      Going back and rereading some pages and sentences I skipped by mistake while reading your story during class makes me agree if I was you I would think I copied as well.
      Plagiarism bugs me, I hate it that's why I never do it.
      I just don't want any misunderstandings, and I know you haven't said it bluntly but I just reread some pages and feel really dumb for skipping them while in class.

      Anyways, I kinda figured by Sebastian's traits of party animal that he likes to party. The description on the Vanderburg Family also helps as ''settling down is the last thing Princes mind.'' Sebastians first children get his blonde hair. That's all I remember .__. Oh and Charlene grows up to be a intelligent lady, her theme song is "Stupid Girls" by Pink :p I'm thinking of tagging a song per character to help you understand them a little more...and because I love music ^-^
      Wlibert? He gets overshadowed by his strong sister most often times. He's patient, understandable and very friendly.

      Delete
    3. I never said anything about you 'copying' anything from my story. Heck you didn't even know about my story until I posted bits and pieces of it on the Sims Wiki and then linked my blog. :) I didn't do a lot of publicizing, just a few links on the main Sims 3 message board. So no harm done. It's just coincidence. :)

      Looking at Renauld's appearance, he gave me a Latinate vibe. Plus his first name sounds and looks French. Though the description doesn't say much about his background, I said his mother is from Monte Vista and his father is from Champs Les Sims. Look at Anastasia's black hair. I decided it came from Renauld's side of the family. A little piece of trivia: I took Renauld's family name in my story, de Ghent, from one of my favorite movies of all time, "Ever After" the Cinderella adaptation with Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott. The twins carry this family name as a middle name. I got the impression that Catarina is higher ranked in Hidden Springs than Renauld is. I'm surmising that Catarina was not happy when she found out about Renauld's will stashing all his money to the twins.

      Why wouldn't Sebastian have been a playboy? He's rich, handsome and single at the start of the game. However, in my story he does eventually clean up his act and become the 'crown prince' that he's fated to be.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Nooooooo! I had written a boat load of stuff here but then I clicked 'publish' and it wasn't there, it disappeared! ahhh D:
      Noooo nooo waaa! I'm wining like a 5 year old right know!
      It's a good thing that you understand. It's just when someone else is writing about a similar topic it's easy to have misunderstanding, and I don't want that. There's bond to be a few similarities. I had written my Renuald and Jezebel Ana Alonza Mariano plot here until it disappeared. So I'm deciding I'm not going to spoil anything for you but what I can tell you is that they had 9 children together :) Yes 9 children, and that Renuald was a CEO of a solar power company called ''LTBL'' (Let There Be Light) Which he gave to his children when he married Catarina, along with his millions of simoleons. They're angry at him since he remarried so quickly. I kinda want to tell you all my plots so there would not be any misunderstandings, but if I did I would spoil everything and when you actually do read my story it wouldn't, be as interesting. Oh and that Renuald wasn't hi first name, it was Luis. He came from a very poor neighborhood in Simexico (Paody of Mexico) yet with his smart whit he reached the top., he changed his name to sound more professional when he was named CEO. (What will Catarina do when she finds out that Renuald was actually a pauper once?)
      I don't see chapter 73 yet :\ maybe its a glitch on my computer I don't know, maybe later in the morning I'll see it :)
      It's 1:27am right now and I'm off to bed night night!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Past comment deleted due to a typo I made)
    Oops, I just saw chapter number 73 xD I just needed to refresh the page!
    Ill read it later though!

    ReplyDelete