Chapter Fifty-Six




The sounds of Madden '13 permeated the room. "So, how do you feel about a ghost in the house?" Alexandra asked Patrick.
"He's cool, I guess," replied Patrick in his laid-back manner.
"Have you talked to him yet?"
Patrick shrugged. "Not really -- ahhh! You got me, again!"
"Hah, just sacked your quarterback at the 2 yard line. You'll have to make your next throw from ten yards into the end zone."



"So, what's this about a ghost?" wondered Patrick while mashing controller buttons.
"It's my dad's ghost," replied Alexandra. "See, apparently, my mom went to the science lab with my dad's ashes, and they did some kind of thing where they resurrected him -- but only partially. So he's a living ghost. Pretty cool, huh?"
Patrick sighed. "I guess so. Still, it's a little creepy though. We already had the old butler's ghost here, and now this."
Alexandra's eyes lit up again. "Omigod, Patrick, I've got the best idea!"
"Uh oh." Looking over at her, Patrick knew she was cooking up something in her head.
"Ok, remember how I made you drink that potion that lady sent us?"
Patrick took a deep breath. "Oh great."
"What if there was something I could make Dad's ghost drink to make him alive again?"
"Are you talking about ... completing the resurrection?"
"Exactly."

No comments:

Post a Comment