Chapter One Hundred Fifteen



*PrincessAna is online*

girlonfire: Hey girl, whatcha been doin'?

princessana: Nothin' much, Lucian and I have been at the lodge doing renovation work.

girlonfire: I've got so much to tell you.

princessana: Spill! It's been a week since you left and it feels like a year. Are you coming home for Christmas?

girlonfire: I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

princessana: That sucks. You know the holidays won't be the same without you.

girlonfire: I'm doing very important research for the government.

princessana: Does mom know?

girlonfire: No. She's got no idea. She hasn't been to a meeting in months. Nowadays she's sending Sebastian in her place.

princessana: Hmm.

girlonfire: Ever hear of Loki Beaker?

princessana: Not really. Name doesn't ring a bell.

girlonfire: He's only Simland's most important scientist. Anyway, his genetically engineered son, Atom, asked me out on a date.

princessana: What about Patrick? Aren't you --

girlonfire: Yeah, that's what I told him, but he insisted on a meeting so I met him. Not only did he blatantly flirt with me but he tried to involve me in some sinister plot he and his dad cooked up to blow up the world but I wasn't having it.

princessana: Good for you.

girlonfire: That's the other part of the equation. Please tell no one of this. I've hacked into his computer and stolen his confidential files.

princessana: What?

girlonfire: It ain't Fort Knox.

princessana: Ha, you're getting pretty good at this. Are you sure you won't end up behind bars? Or worse?

girlonfire: Nah, that's one reason I'm glad I'm royalty. :p

princessana: Still, being royal won't stop you from coming home in a pine box.

girlonfire: They don't use wood of any kind out here, everything is metal or metal alloy.

princessana: Still, you're playing a dangerous game, Alex. You could wind up dead! I'm not going to your funeral. We made a pact -- that day in the crypt. When we die we're going to die together, as old women who've lived full lives.

girlonfire: Speaking of full lives, Patrick and I are getting married, next week, so pack your bags. You're coming to Oasis Landing.

princessana: Me?

girlonfire: Who else would I have as my matron of honor? Mom?

princessana: LOL

girlonfire: I'm sending a transport ship to pick you and Lucian up.

princessana: Transport - ship? As in spaceship? OMG

girlonfire: Yeah, how else are you going to get here? With that portal in the front yard?

princessana: Very funny, Alex.

girlonfire: I'm sending a c-130 transport shuttle for you and Lucian at 0800 hours tomorrow.

princessana: 0800?

girlonfire: 8:00 in the morning, military time. I know you and Lucian like to sleep late --

princessana: 8 in the morning?

girlonfire: It's the only time I could get for a shuttle to come down to earth. It's a nice comfortable shuttle. Don't think I'm putting you and
Lucian in some cargo hub.

princessana: LOL you would.

girlonfire: Don't be silly, Ana. You know I love you and Lucian to bits. I wouldn't put you through that. It's a beautiful shuttle. Doesn't even use fossil fuels. You won't smell anything. Heck, you'll be here before you even know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment