Chapter Fifty-Four

Ghost Dad

"Daddy, guess what?" Alexandra gleefully announced to the specter in her parents' bedroom.



"I got my pilot's license today! I can officially fly a plane!"



"Honey, I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you!" He reached for her and gave her, well, as comprehensive a hug as a ghost could give. "You're well on your way to becoming that astronaut you said you would become."
"I told you, Daddy, the last time you were here."
"Yes, you did tell me, you'd gone into basic training and your mother didn't know about it. I assume she knows now?"
"She does, and she doesn't approve. But I'm doing it anyway."






While Alexandra had embraced (quite literally and figuratively) the presence of a ghost in the palace, the situation had made Anastasia a bit uneasy.



This was part of the reason why Alexandra called for an emergency 'twin meeting' in their secret basement. This room had been built below the garage, ordered by Prince Renauld as a special place for his daughters. It was here where they hid their deepest, darkest secrets. Among the eclectic items hidden here were a chemistry lab, a sculptor's table, a private library, and a time machine the Prince had bought from the local consignment shop and that his daughters had used occasionally to time travel. "So, Ana, you're kind of creeped out by Dad's ghost being here?"
Anastasia admitted that she was.
"Relax, it's Dad. He's the same person he always was, he's just, you know, in a different form now."
Anastasia took a deep breath. "When he died, a part of me died with him, and I never really got a chance to say goodbye."
"You know," wondered Alexandra, "there's something Mom isn't telling us. It's bugging me."



"Yeah," agreed Anastasia, "she sure is acting strange. When we asked her the questions about what happened at the science lab she went into her Shakespearian soliloquy."
"Almost like she's avoiding the subject. Something's up. I fully intend to get to the bottom of it. What are we going to do?"
"I don't know, we have to do something."

No comments:

Post a Comment