Chapter Sixty-Seven



"Ana, you're drunk," Alexandra said while grabbing her away from the juice kegger. "You've had enough to drink. I'm driving us home."
"I can drive the car."
"No, you can't, you're trashed! And besides, did you kiss that guy?"
"What guy?" Anastasia looked around the room, her head spinning.
"You kissed a guy and it was not Lucian."
"I'm driving my car. I can handle it, really."



Sure enough, it was Anastasia behind the wheel of her 2014 convertible. She and Alexandra had little to say to each other on their ride home.



The next morning at breakfast, though, there were plenty of words exchanged. The breakfast started innocently enough, with Alexandra eating eggs and bacon and Anastasia opting for a fruit cocktail.



"Did you kiss that guy?" Alexandra asked. "The last I heard, that girl Samantha was doing truth or dare, and you did the dare, and the next thing I knew, I turned around and you were fanning yourself."



"Well, you've got a secret of your own, too, haven't you, Alex?" Anastasia asked with a hint of laughter in her voice.
"What secret?"
"Come on, Alex. You walked into the party almost two hours late, with some girl on your arm."



"That was Sasha from my tech class. I'm tutoring her. She's having some problems and I was going over some things with her. But you still haven't answered the question. You kissed that guy, didn't you, Ana?"



"I don't remember kissing anybody, if that's what you're asking."
"You don't remember it because you were so totally wasted. But it did happen. And you need to come clean to Lucian."
"Come on, Alex. I saw how you looked at that girl. You never look at Patrick that way. I know that Patches was a girl, and you changed it to a boy to please mom. Admit it, Alex, you like her."



Alexandra was incredulous. "As a friend. I mean, we're in the same class and I'm helping her with some stuff she's having problems with."
"Alex," summed Anastasia, "admit it. You like girls."
"How many times have I got to tell you, Ana, there's nothing going on between me and Sasha. I'm just tutoring her, that's it."

7 comments:

  1. Alex likes girls? :D I approve lol, I've been shipping same-sex relationships ever since I watched ''The Last of Us, Left behind'' the extension to the ''Last of Us''. it's great you should watch it sometime, naughty dog games did a great job, but just watch the 'Last of Us' first though, the storyline will make more sense
    - - - -
    (Rping time. :)
    Isabella and Caroline time!

    ''Alexandra Vanderburg is bisexual?!'' Caroline smiled widely as she nearly jumped on the table.
    Isabella raised a brow, ''Caroline....?''
    ''She hasn't conformed anything, it's just a suspicion Princess Anastasia had.''
    ''Yeah, I know'' Caroline grinned as she looked down on her hot chocolate, sheltering the cup with her two hands, warming them with the natural warmth only hot chocolate could give.
    Isabella sipped on her beverage, suspiciously monitoring Caroline with her dark green eyes.
    She turned to the screen to continue the program.

    (I changed Beatrice's name to Caroline, because the name Beatrice reminded me too much of UK's version of Lindsay Lohan, Princess Beatrice of York :S and my character is very sweet, with a innocence of a child)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol there are still more secrets yet to be revealed. Do Anastasia's suspicions have some foundation? Or is she just speculating? Like I said before, it's interesting to see the reaction of other 'royals' to the goings on with the Vanderburgs. Anastasia has got her own problems, though...

      Curious: how old are Isabella and Caroline? I assume they're young teenagers?

      Delete
    2. OOOOOoOOoOo :) I can't wait!
      Their age depends on what story your in. In this commentary they're young adults, even if they bicker like teens sometimes. (Taking this chance to explain them!;p) Arther and Isabella are twins, Caroline is the third child. You'll see more of the sisters because Arther is next in line to the French throne and is often very busy. As you'll see that Isabella is very confident of herself, she's a little sassy and isn't afraid to speak her mind, she's also very clever. She's known in France for her striking good looks and her own independent fashion. Caroline in the other hand is known more for her big blue eyes and blonde hair, she's sweet as honey and usually likes to prove her older sister that she isn't just a good cookie but a diverse person. They like being together very often, Caroline usually sneaks into Isabella's room with a handful of chocolates and wakes her up to watch the Vanderburgs. Isabella likes watch the Vanderburg sisters because she feels like there is something linked to her and Catarina, she just can't put her finger on it.

      (OoooooOoOOo the mystery, there IS something going on with Catarina and the French Twins (Arther and Isabella) in my plot/story)
      I wonder if you'll figure it out before I reveal it :p

      Delete
    3. Lol some of Catarina's subjects are looking at this like, what the heck is going on up there? She's got one daughter who ran away, her only son, the guy that's heir to the throne, trying to hold the bag, and these two girls who are completely out of control.

      You mention that the royals in your story bicker, this is actually one of the few 'fights' Alexandra and Anastasia have, despite their obvious differences. They do have one thing in common -- an intense loyalty to each other and a deep abiding resentment for their mother.

      About to publish Chapter 70. It's a relatively long chapter compared to these shorter ones I've had recently.

      Delete
  2. I know, I would be like ''This is were my taxes are going?'' if I was a Hidden Spring resident hehe
    Isabella and Caroline do bicker sometimes, but not often. Isabella feels a lot of sisterly love toward Caroline, and is even a little protective of her.. It's really hard to stay anger at a chubby cheeked girl such as Caroline, somehow Caroline is able to make the best out of situations. According to Isabella, Caroline doesn't come out as 'tough' enough to be by herself yet, so big sister Izzie is always behind Caroline.
    Not to mention Caroline is a little native....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant to spell naive, not native.
      I did it again xD

      Delete
  3. Catarina would go to the grave for sure if she discovered her daughter is a lesbian... o_0

    ReplyDelete