Chapter One Hundred Seventeen





Anastasia met Lucian outside the community center. "Can we talk?"
"What is it, Annie?"
"About this baby thing --"
"Annie, you know how much this means."
"And you know how busy I am. I'm not sure there'll be time --"
"Annie, you know we can get servants for that. A child -- means the relationship is consummated. Tell me, is there something you're afraid of?"
"No, Lucian, I'm not afraid of anything -- but -- I'm just not ready for a baby right now. I hope you understand."



Meanwhile, that evening after work, Alexandra rushed to Legacy Park where her sister and brother-in-law were waiting. She decided to take one last selfie as a single woman with Anastasia and tweeted it out to her followers.



"I've waited long enough," crowed Patrick as he met Alexandra under a hastily constructed wedding arch at the foot of the statue of Time Traveler Emit Relevart. "Let's do this."







With Lucian, Anastasia, and a mystery teen watching, Alexandra and Patrick exchanged custom vows and rings underneath the arch. Because Alexandra had chosen to marry under the cover of darkness, only a few people (plus a couple of stray plumbots) knew the wedding had even taken place.



The redhaired teen smiled her approval after Alexandra and Patrick had completed their vows and exchanged their rings.



The teen mustered up enough gumption to approach the bride, who was still in her work uniform. "Congratulations on the wedding!" she exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you."
Alexandra managed a tired smile. "Thank you," she replied half-heartedly, partly wondering why the teen was even there in the first place.
"Say!" the teen thought aloud. "You're Alexandra Vanderburg! Wow, I can't believe it's you!"
Alexandra chuckled. "Yeah, that's the name my parents gave me at birth."
"I have a Blu-Ray of your show. You and your sister are amazing."
"We're not that special, our mother just happens to be the last reigning queen in Simland."



"May I have your autograph?"
"Sure, who, who do I address it to?"
"Lexi, Lexi Castle."
Alexandra laughed aloud. "Lexi, huh? You sure your parents didn't --"
"I dunno, maybe they did."
The teen girl left Legacy Park with a memory that would stay with her the rest of her life.

1 comment:

  1. Glad Alexandra and Patrick tied the knot. <3 I hope she'll be truly happy with him.

    ReplyDelete